Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Way Clouds Do

When I was in Rochester at the end of May visiting a friend, we went to Image City Photo Gallery to see the new exhibit. We had been there once before in April. This latest offering featured an exhibit of photographs of clouds. I didn't think much of it at the time. It seemed a bit of a stretch and many of the images seemed repetitive and over Photoshoped. The images were on paper, canvas, or silk. As another friend would say, "What a gimmick."

This past week I read a review of the exhibit on City Newspaper's web site. The reviewer loved the images and the concept. Guess it was all over my head or I'm not "with it" when it comes to "art."

So, I thought, hey, I can do that. So here's my first image in what will become a series of cloud images that will be taken from the comfort of my living room looking out the back patio doors. I have included the original image and a Photoshopped version. I hope to have a major exhibit of my cloud images some day.

No comments: