Friday, June 27, 2008

La Vaca


Well, I've named my touring bicycle. And it's la Vaca, Spanish for the cow. When I lived in California I played up being from the Dairy State, Wisconsin. I even had some people believing that I was raised on a diary farm. So my friends at the bike store started calling me la Vaca. So I decided that it would be a great name for my bike since I'm living back in Wisconsin and it rides like a cow; slow and plodding.

The top photo shows (left) a cow finger puppet someone in California gave me that I've attached to my seat post and (right) a cow pin I acquired somewhere along the way that I put on my handlebar bag. I even have a jersey with cows on it, bottom photo.

Perhaps I should have the frame repainted white with black spots!

1 comment:

Sandy M said...

But people might think you're riding a dalmation!