Monday, June 30, 2008

Road ID

For the most part I ride alone and the only information I carry about myself is an expired drivers license. So if the worst happens and I have a serious accident, all the EMS folks would have is my name and address.

I had heard about Road ID some time ago and finally decided to buy one and it arrived today. I got the Road ID Interactive. The Road ID Interactive allows you to build a fully updateable, secure Emergency Response Profile (ERP) that is available to first responders via telephone and internet. You can also personalize the first 2 lines of text.

I think this is a great item to have on when you're out on your bike.

I'll be wearing it for the first time on a ride in Rochester, NY, on Friday.

Let's hope I never really need it!

I have $1.00 off coupons that are good until 12/31/2008 if anyone wants one.

No comments: