Friday, June 26, 2009

Adieu Kodachrome

You give us those nice bright colors
You give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away


After 74 years, Kodak announced this week that it will halt production of Kodachrome by the end of the year. Kodachrome was invented by musicians Leopold Mannes and Leopold Godowsky who expiremented with color photography in their spare time. In 1930, Eastman Kodak contracted with them to move to Rochester and take advantage of the Kodak research facilities.
I shot a lot of Kodachrome in my life as a photographer and the slides I shot in the 1970s are just a beautiful today as when they came back from the processor.
Adieu Kodachrome.

No comments: